Sunday, March 20, 2011

London Cake


I got a call a few weeks ago about a cake based on the movie Tangled. After a little bit of searching I found a cool tower design that both would be within my level of expertise and pleased the birthday girl. We used plastic characters from the Disney store to tie in the movie. The top was made out of poster board and gum paste. The top tier was yellow cake with strawberry crack filling, the second was dark chocolate with dark chocolate ganache and the bottom was tye dye (pastel pink purple and green) with vanilla bean buttercream. And when I started to take pictures of it I realized that it needed a little something so I quickly (her dad was on the way to pick it up) ran in and got some pixie disco dust to give it that princess sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment