Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kristen Cake

So after I made the baby shower cake for a wife of one of Rob's coworkers I was contacted to another one. This one was fun because it is the first time I busted out my Cricut Cake. If you don't know about the Cricut line of machines then head here to learn more. Basicly it is a cutting machine. They started out just for scrapbooking and paper crafts and recently created a food safe machine for fondant and other foods. I am lucky enough to own both a paper one and a cake one. I finally got out my cake cricut and was very happy with the results.

Back to the cake. The cake was based off of the bedding they had chosen for the baby.
The top tier of the cake was white cake with pink buttercream and the bottom layer was white cake dyed pink with chocolate ganache filling. I am really happy how it turned out. I am really looking forward to using the Cricut again to make cakes.








No comments:

Post a Comment